Life insurance is an important factor in our lives; an emergency can happen at any point in time, and it is always great to be prepared than to be sorry. However, buying a life insurance is a tedious process for most of us concerning the pressure from the sales reps and the many medical exams that we have to take. Being able to get life insurance quotes online has made our life a lot easier; and to second that, here is how you can buy a life insurance without any tedious processes.
What kind of life insurance should you buy?
Term life insurance is the most-advised type of life insurance, here’s why.
- Term life insurance is the least grossing deal for the agents as well as the insurance companies; they get maximum gains from whole life insurance, universal life insurance, or cash-value insurance.
- Another reason to get term life insurance is that it is easy to understand; it works like a car or a homeowner’s insurance.
- You will pay for a certain term—a year or two—you will be covered for this tenure, and if you face any accidents in this term, it will be covered by the insurance company.
- Term insurance is relatively cheaper than other life insurances. For example, you can buy a 20-year term insurance worth $1 million and pay about $500 a year.
How to get life insurance quotes online?
- The best way to get life insurance quotes online is through a simple Google search.
- This google search will lead you to many websites; make sure you browse through at least 4–5 sites before deciding on a viable quote.
- Along with the results, you will also see a lot of ads via google, these websites are your best bet to get the life insurance quotes online.
- You could have a look at PolicyGenius, they have based their system to answer the most inefficient and inconvenient sects of buying life insurance
What are the steps involved in applying for a life insurance?
Getting life insurance quotes online is just one of the few steps involved in buying a life insurance; let us look at the steps involved.
- Enter your basic details (including your name, age, weight, etc.) on a small form.
- You will be asked to mention whether you smoke or not, as this plays an important part in your insurance. If you are a smoker, then you would, most likely, be asked to pay double.
- Choose the amount of insurance you need and the tenure of your insurance.
- Get informed about the class of living you fall into. For example: preferred, super-preferred, standard, or substandard.
How to buy life insurance?
There are, typically, two ways of buying an insurance.
- Local insurance agent – If you are aware of a local insurance agent and know them well enough, you can go ahead and have them file your life insurance. In most cases, your insurance agent is likely to present you with multiple options of life insurance for you to choose from. This is good for you, as you get various options for your life insurance. It could be very confusing at the same time, as you may not be able to zero-in on the type of life insurance, and this is where your agent could tip you to buy the life insurance that earns him a better profit than one that benefits you.
- Online broker – Buying an insurance from an online broker is slightly riskier than a local broker as there is always a risk of an online fraud. With an online broker, you must first get life insurance quotes online, decide what type of insurance you are looking for, and then approach the broker. An online broker will also approach you with a lot of various options to choose from for your life insurance. Hence, it is important for you to do your research beforehand and be prepared with your desired life insurance.