Things to keep in mind when exploring laptop deals
A laptop is definitely a big purchase so shopping smartly for it surely pays. In order to get the best deal on all laptops, you must compare the prices of various brands and the features that they are offering. For that, the first thing you must do is figure out what kind of laptop you actually need and list down the features that you need in your laptop so that you can narrow down your choices and find the best laptop at the most affordable price.
Choosing an appropriate system and accompanying accessories will not only avoid frequent and costly upgrades but will also make sure that you get the most out of your machine. While deciding on the budget and searching for a laptop, you must also remember that you may get high-end laptops with high configurations at lower prices just because the brand does not command a premium price. It really makes sense to explore such laptop deals if the after-sales service offered is good.
Which are the latest trends in all laptops?
- One of the popular designs nowadays is the removable display, like in the Asus Transformer Book, in which it is possible to detach the screen completely and use it as a tablet.
- There are also screens available like Lenovo Yoga that can be twisted fully, that is, 360 degrees, which means the device can be used in many different ways.
- The tile and gesture-based windows 8 interface is very easy to use with a touchscreen. This and the reality that costs are coming down are the reasons more manufacturers at the moment are offering touchscreens.
- Optical drives are bulky, so there is a shift to flash-based storage (SSDs) from hard drives or HDDs. Flash storage is a little expensive but is less prone to failure, which is much smaller and offers the best speed.
- If you travel a lot, you must go for deals on a lightweight 12 or 13-inch laptop, which has a good battery life.
- If your usage is mostly at home/office, you must prefer deals on a laptop with a 14-inch or 15.6-inch display that can be carried around occasionally.
- If you are a gamer or a photo/video editor who needs a powerful machine (which will mostly be kept at only one place), you may consider getting a powerful 15.6-inch or 17-inch machine.
Which are the best laptops to buy in deals?
- Huawei MateBook X Pro
- Dell XPS 13
- Asus ZenBook Flip S UX370
- MacBook Pro by Apple with Touch Bar 13-inch 2018
- MSI GS65 Stealth
- Dell XPS 15 2-in-1
- Acer Predator Helios 300
- Asus Chromebook Flip
- Microsoft Surface Book 2 (13.5-inch)
- Acer Switch 3
- Apple MacBook 12-inch (2017)
- Google Pixelbook
What are the questions to consider while exploring deals for a laptop pc?
- What will be your purpose of using the laptop?
- Will you be using the device for personal use or work?
- What is your budget?
- Can you add components?
- What capabilities do you use the most?
- What accessories/peripherals will you need?
- What kind of environments will you work in?
- What will be the duration you are thinking of using it for?
- Who else will be using it?
- What style do you want?
How can you get the best laptop deals by using rebate?
- Rebate offers were very popular with the technology companies because many consumers simply don’t like to be bothered by the turmoil of filling out paperwork so as to get cashback deals on a laptop, desktop, a software, or computer peripheral devices you purchase.
- Obviously, if rebates are available, they can be a great way of saving a considerable amount of money on the purchase of a system.
- Usage of rebates requires more than average knowledge because one needs to judge the value of the rebate purchase as compared to a non-rebate purchase to determine whether the savings are worth the time required to send and receive a rebate.
Which processor is preferred?
- While you buy a laptop pc in deals, you come across various names like Intel Celeron M Processor, which are basic Intel Centrino Mobile Technology with Core Solo processor and Duo Mobile Technology with Core Duo, which is of mid-range, and Core 2 Duo processors, which are high-end. All these are the types of processors.
- The other major chip player, AMD, offers Turion 64, which is a mid-range processor and Sempron processors, which are basic.
- However, irrespective of what kind of processor you decide on, you must get at least 1.6 GHz of processing speed (which is usually not specified in advertisements).