Important things you should know about luxury crossovers
Currently, luxury crossovers are a rage with consumers, especially the ones with families. This is because they are relatively more comfortable because of smooth drivability and handling features. Besides, they look classier too, making them a comprehensive package. Apart from being lighter, luxury crossover variants in the market today have additional characteristics related to safety, towing, all-terrain drive, and fantastic interior designs. If you are planning to purchase a crossover anytime soon, here are few things that you should be aware of. These will help you make an informed choice.
What are the advantages of picking a luxury crossover?
- Relaxed seating space and can accommodate several people at once
- Smoother ride
- Resourceful fuel and power consumption
- Easier to park and navigate in the traffic
- Competitively priced
- Stylishly designed with robust features
- Elevated seating improves the level of visibility
- Enhanced security features
- Improved lugging abilities
- Better ground clearance
Isn’t a crossover and SUV the same thing?
Unlike automobile enthusiasts, for most consumers, the term crossover and SUVs are almost synonymous. Although they might have certain similarities especially when it comes to appearance, they are entirely different. To help you make a better choice, here are some key differences between the two cars.
- Build – The most noticeable difference between an SUV and crossover is the way it is manufactured, i.e., SUVs are constructed like trucks where the body and frame are designed separately and then placed together. Moreover, for crossovers a traditional car design approach is applied, where chassis and the body are one piece right from the start.
- Heaviness – Crossovers are comparatively less weighty than SUVs. This is because the latter is built like a truck, this increases its overall power and fuel consumption. So, crossovers can be a better pick for consumers looking for fuel efficiency.
- Lugging capacity – Since SUVs are bulky, they unquestionably have a better lugging capacity. So, they can effortlessly manage the weight of boats, campers, smaller vehicles, etc. Some crossovers might have a great towing ability, but a certain limit will always bind it.
- All-terrain performance – Needless to say, like its towing capacity, an SUV is a rugged alternative for off-road driving. Luxury crossovers currently also have an all-wheel drive option, but special care should be maintained while doing so.
Which are the 5 top selling automobile brands for luxury crossovers?
Which are the best luxury crossovers of 2017?
- Porsche Macan
- Mercedes Benz GLE-Class
- Maserati Levante
- Audi Q7
- Cadillac XT5
- Acura MDX
- Lexus RX 350
- Tesla Model X
- Porsche Cayenne
- BMW X5
- Jaguar F-Pace
- Volvo XC90
All the variants mentioned above of luxury crossovers have their distinctive features in terms of engine, interiors, technology, comfort, and style. Choose a crossover that fits well within your preferences and budget.
What kind of prices can be expected for luxury crossovers?
The great part about luxury crossovers is that they can be available within diverse price ranges. Based on the budget, you can select the best car for you or your family.
- If you happen to have a limited or moderate budget, then you can pick luxury crossovers such as Audi Q7, Volvo XC60, Lincoln MKC, Infiniti QX50, Audi Q5, Acura MDX, Cadillac XT5, Jaguar F-Pace, Lexus RX 350, etc. which can range anywhere from $35,000 to $70,000.
- If you can exercise flexibility in terms of budget, then you can pick luxury crossovers like Mercedes Benz GLE-Class, Porsche Cayenne, Tesla Model X, Maserati Levante, BMW X5, etc. These can range anywhere from $60,000 to $1,70,000.
What things to consider while shortlisting a luxury crossover model?
- Budget constraints
- Consumer reviews including safety ratings
- Dealers and test drive options
- Essential features as well as additional characteristics