Whether the business is a small, medium, or large-size corporate, or even a freelancing venture, choosing the right business laptop is a tough decision to make. There are multiple types and varieties of laptops manufactured by different brands like Hewlett Packard, Dell, Apple, and Lenovo, and most of them have overlapping prices and features. Also, business laptops are not primarily meant for watching movies, playing games, or just browsing the internet.
Business laptops are essential tools for people to get their work done, and also to store information, present it, etc. Hence, while choosing them, the focus shifts from colors and designs to reliability and durability. Also, as everyone needs different features in their business laptop, there can’t be just one laptop that is the best for everyone. Several brands like Hewlett Packard (HP), Dell, Apple, Lenovo, etc. offer a wide variety of business laptops to suit various needs. Though it can get difficult to make the right choice, below are four factors that could guide a person in choosing the right laptop.
What factors must one consider before buying a business laptop?
There are various factors one must consider before buying a business laptop as they will use it for all their work-related tasks for at least a couple of years. Below are some of the main factors that one must consider before buying a business laptop-
- Price is one of the main factors that will influence the purchase of a business laptop. Depending on the budget, one can filter the laptops available.
- While purchasing a laptop, always pick one from a good brand whose products are reliable. Dell, Lenovo, and Hewlett Packard (HP) are some of the popular laptop brands.
- Other factors to consider are the weight of the laptop in case one travels a lot, the operating system, whether a touchscreen or stylus support is needed, etc.
What are the must-have features in a business laptop?
Once one has shortlisted some laptops that fit their budget, the next step is to see which products offer all the must-have features needed in a business laptop. Below are some of the main features to look for while purchasing a business laptop-
- CPU: While a CPU acts like a laptop’s engine, the processor has a huge impact on the use of the CPU. For most businesses, Intel® Core™ i3 or Intel® Core™ i5 processors are recommended. They help in regular multitasking and in completing all business-related tasks.
- RAM: For average business use, one needs a 4GB RAM at least, but an 8GB RAM would be better. Some laptops come with 16GB RAM, but most business users don’t need this.
- Battery life: Battery can be an important factor for business users who travel frequently, but it may not be a huge concern for those who work at a desk. Good battery life is an essential feature to look for while purchasing a business laptop.
What is the average price of a business laptop?
One needs to strike a balance between price and quality. Below is the breakdown of the types of business laptops available at various price ranges-
- $300 and below: One can find low-end business Chromebooks and Windows laptops in this price range. Usually, laptops at this price range are not recommended as they have limited storage, slow performance, and cheap build quality.
- Between $350 to $599: Mediocre quality laptops are available in this range. One may prefer Chromebooks over Windows laptops in this price range as they have more storage, a comparatively better display, and sturdy build quality at that price.
- From $600 to $900: Most needs of business professionals are met in this price range. The laptops in this range have good memory and storage capacity. Often, brands like Hewlett Packard (HP), Acer, Dell, etc. offer business laptops with features like fingerprint scanners, comfortable display, a good battery life, etc. in this price range.
Which are some of the best laptops for business purposes?
Brands like Hewlett Packard (HP), Acer, Apple, Dell, etc. offer some of the best business laptops. Below are some of the best laptops that are perfect for business purposes-
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon
- Hewlett Packard (HP) Spectre Pro 13 G1
- Dell XPS 13 (2018)
- Huawei MateBook X Pro
- Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar 13-inch 2018
- Microsoft Surface Book 2 (13.5-inch)
Tags- hewlettpackardlaptop, best business laptop