Everything you need to know about renting a 15 passenger van
If you are looking to rent a vehicle for your family or a bunch of friends to go on a vacation or a road trip, renting a 15 passenger van would be a great option. These vans are perfect not only for comfort but also includes hassle-free transportation of your baggage.
Read on to know more about renting a 15 passenger van for your next vacation.
What do I need to check in a 15 passenger van before renting it?
- Confirm the exact seating capacity to make sure there are no disappointments after you have rolled the van out of the rental yard.
- It is also important to check the exterior of the van
- Equally important is to check the driver’s seat as it is important for the person driving the vehicle to be comfortable. Essentially, if you are going on a long road trip, the driver’s seat needs to provide proper support to the back.
- Apart from the driver’s seat, you should also check the controls, indicators, and the console in the van.
- After checking these factors, it is always advisable to take a test drive of the vehicle to ensure that the vehicle running smoothly and if it is comfortable.
What do I look for when checking the exterior of the van?
- Check under the van to ensure there are no visible fluid leaks
- The signals and indicators on the exterior of the van should be working properly
- Verify if the vehicle tires have a tread depth of at least 1/6 of an inch, ensuring effective grip and a safe trip
- Check if the windshield of the van is clear of scratches, as that can cause a fair amount of stress to the eyes when one spends a long time behind the wheels.
- Ensure that the wipers are working properly and wiper blades are not very old
What should I look for when checking the car up front?
- Inspect the front to ensure the dashboard, the floor, and the front portions of the van are clean and free of any kind of trash, clipboards, and papers.
- Check if the seatbelts are working properly and ensure the webbing of the seatbelt does not have any tears or damages.
- Ensure you have easy accessibility to safety restraints. The same would be applicable to all the rows and passengers.
Which are the critical elements to check before taking the van on a trip?
Some of the critical elements that you need to check before venturing out on a trip in a 15 passenger rented van are:
- All gauges and indicators in the van are functioning correctly.
- Rear view and side mirrors have been properly positioned.
- The steering wheel is properly adjusted.
- Familiarize yourself with the console and controls as there would be small differences from one make of the van to another one.
- Get comfortable with the floor pedals, and gauge their response levels.
- Test the brakes and asses breaking distance.
Which are the best 15 passenger vans?
A wide variety of 15 passenger vans are available on rent these days. Some of the popular choices include:
- Ford E350 Club Wagon
- Ford Transit
- Chevrolet Express
- Nissan NV200 Taxi
- Kia Sedona
- Dodge Grand Wagon
- Chrysler Town & Country
- Toyota Sienna
Are there any other critical factors that I need to be aware of?
Some of the other critical factors you should be aware of before renting a 15 passenger van are:
- The van will not be rented to an adult who is less than 25 years of age.
- The vehicle is not permitted to cross the international borders.
- There could be limitations as far as distance is concerned.
- A class B driver’s license and passenger transport endorsement are necessary for the person driving the van.
- Driving past mid-night is not permitted as far as a 15 passenger van rental is concerned.
How do you acquire the best bargain for a 15 passenger rental van?
- Book well in advance in order to procure the best bargain deals on the rental.
- Perform research by comparing various rates and deals before finalizing.
- Have a clear cut idea about your requirements, especially, in terms of fuel and mileage requirements.
- Avoid van rental pick up from the airport as this automatically raises the rates.