Choosing the best whitening toothpaste for sensitive teeth
Most of us won’t ever say a no when it comes to teeth whitening; after all, who does not want to have a beautiful smile? But the reality is that most of us have yellowish or brownish teeth. Teeth getting discolored is often considered bad for dental health and mostly caused due to bad habits, like smoking.
It is the surface stains that cause the discoloring of the teeth; one could attempt to use a whitening toothpaste to improve their appearance. Whitening toothpaste work best for the purpose are available especially for sensitive teeth as well.
How do the ingredients of a whitening toothpaste work for sensitive teeth?
As there are numerous toothpaste available in the drugstores, the fact is that not all of them work equally. Each ingredient in the product makes a difference in how effectively the whitening products operate. The best whitening toothpaste for sensitive teeth include a majority of these:
- All toothpaste have mild abrasives, which include ingredients like hydrated aluminum oxides, magnesium carbonate, and calcium carbonate. These abrasives can remove the outer stains that cause a yellowish color.
- Hydrogen is an active ingredient mostly used by dental centers; its concentration in whitening toothpaste is less in the single-use products. Hydrogen peroxide produces brilliant results with long-term usage, and it is safe to use. The ADA notes that it is a bleaching agent that might cause mild sensitivity, but it is completely approved for regular use.
- Hydrated silica, polyvinylpyrrolidone, potassium nitrate, sodium monofluorophosphate, and sodium tripolyphosphate are the other common active ingredients used in toothpaste to remove stains.
What all should be considered when choosing the best whitening toothpaste for sensitive teeth?
- Selecting the best toothpaste for whitening definitely has certain criteria that suit each individual, even those with sensitive teeth.
- Each individual’s preferences and needs affect the decision of the finest toothpaste, but understanding the important factors of one’s whitening toothpaste is important.
How are whitening toothpaste graded?
- The results of bleaching, enamel strengthening, and abrasion are the key ingredients of a whitening toothpaste.
- The ingredient reviews and list and their action on sensitive teeth also help in placing toothpaste in grades.
- For some, the texture is an important factor. The taste determines their long-term use.
- The product and price value of every toothpaste is a key factor to be considered while ranking a whitening toothpaste.
Which are the best whitening toothpaste for sensitive teeth?
Some of the best whitening toothpaste for sensitive teeth are as follows:
- Crest 3D white luxe glamorous white vibrant: It is one of the most famous whitening toothpaste. It sells like a hot cake. Having nearly 80% of reviews with four and five stars on Amazon, the product claims that “90% surface stains will be eliminated, and it will whiten the smile of a person in less than three days.” Although the paste is white in color, it has a cool mint flavor that’s quite fascinating to brush with. The product has that crest texture and leaves the fresh mint flavor for hours in the mouth. It is a value-added product for oral care.
- Tom’s of Maine: This is a natural toothpaste and a great product. Amazon reviews have more than 70% reviews with five stars, which is one of the highest! Without any fluoride, it promotes whitening of the teeth. The flavor and texture are quite distinctive, unlike others. It is pretty impressive, as it does not carry any artificial colors and maintains a unique sweet flavor. Another advantage of Tom’s of Maine is that the product is inexpensive.
- Opalescence: It is not the best for sensitive teeth, yet it is among the best products for whitening. There is a huge review list on Amazon with three to five stars. Users are able to find a great change within weeks of use. It has a cool mint flavor; certain types of sensitive teeth find it difficult but it isn’t harmful, as it includes all natural flavors.
- Activated Charcoal is a good product for oral care, which almost everyone wishes to try to whiten their teeth. When compared to other products, activated charcoal might have an average of 4 stars over 1800 reviews. However, that doesn’t deny the reputation of this product. Although some people find it confusing to use the product, most users love the flavor of cinnamint that brings the shine easily and quickly. It is a value-added product and one of the best whitening toothpaste for sensitive teeth.