A guide to different types of family vacations
When you sit down and discuss family holidays, many ideas get tossed around. However, if you are confused about picking a destination, you can think about the type of vacation you want and then shortlist some destinations. This article will help you explore the best options for family vacations.
Why should families go on vacations together?
- Exploring new places, having fun, planning activities like hiking, skiing, etc. brings your family together. You get to spend quality time with your family and catch up.
- Spending a week or so with your kids is a precious experience, especially when you think about how quickly they will grow up. So, take the chance while they are still young to go on the best family vacations.
- Children, too, can learn and expand their horizons while traveling. They can explore different cultures and try new activities.
Should you opt for a cultural holiday?
Do you want your kids to be interested in the history of different places? Do you want them to learn about the lifestyle of people around the world? If you do, then cultural holidays are your best option.
- You can select from a wide choice of travel packages to different destinations.
- You can plan a trip to historical destinations within the country.
- You can also plan a trip to Rome, Venice, Paris, London, etc. If you decide to go abroad, make sure to take guided tours that explain the history of different churches, temples, castles, and ruins.
- If you’re looking for slightly inexpensive foreign destinations, you can fly to Asian countries like Thailand, India, Indonesia, etc. to explore ancient temples, ruins, learn about different cultures and traditions.
What are some affordable yet luxurious travel destinations?
The best option in such cases is to travel to destinations within the country.
- You can choose to stay at some affordable luxury hotels like Bodega Bay Lodge in Sonoma County, California or Ko’a Kea Hotel & Resort in Kauai, Hawaii.
- If you have a specific destination in mind, then you can visit it in the off-season to get the best packages for family vacations.
- At these hotels, you can relax in luxury, dine at the best restaurants, visit the local attractions, and participate in the activities offered by the hotel.
- If you want to bond with your family, all of you can hike, sail, go fishing, take classes, and have a lot of fun together.
- Or, you can sit back and recover from the rush and stress of your daily life. You can also have long conversations with your family.
Are trips to theme parks the best choice for families?
Are your kids quite young? Then, a trip to Disneyland will surely be a hit among them. If you want to go for something that is equally fun but a little offbeat, you can visit an amusement park or a theme park. Today, several amusement parks have stay facilities too. Thus, it is easier for families to explore all the rides and attractions offered by the theme park as the hotel is within reach. Here are some suggestions for the best family vacations to theme parks:
- You can visit LEGOLAND® in Florida, California and stay at the LEGOLAND® Hotel.
- Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort is a good pick if you’re planning to visit Universal Studios in Florida.
- Stay at Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge while visiting Walt Disney World.
- If your kid has a sweet tooth, you can travel to Hersheypark and stay at Hotel Hershey.
- You can book Snoopy-themed accommodations at Knott’s Berry Farm Resort in California.
What are some travel destinations for families that love adventure?
Are you an active family with kids who love exploring the outdoors? You must travel to a destination that offers a lot of activities like rock climbing, trekking, camping, exploring nature trails, etc. Here are some places where you can go on adventurous trips:
- Visit Boulder, Colorado to explore the nature trails in Chautauqua Park.
- Explore Costa Rica’s rainforests, or hit the beach for some watersports.
- Book an African safari to see some exotic wild animals in their natural habitat.
- Hike to Machu Picchu in Peru which is a fantastic and awe-inspiring historical site with the ruins of an ancient Incan city.
Is it a good idea for families to take a cruise?
Cruises are trips taken on a large ship sailing through the sea for leisure.
- You can look for sea animals along with your family.
- Your family can also visit port cities, or entertain themselves with activities offered onboard the cruise ship.
- Many cruise liners now offer kid-friendly cruises, with many activities planned for kids, adults, as well as the whole family.
- Some of the popular cruise liners for the best family vacations are The Royal Caribbean Cruise, Disney Cruise Line, Norwegian Cruise Line, and Carnival Cruise Line.
Which National Parks can one visit with their families?
Explore America’s best National Parks with your family.
- These vacations are the best for families who love the nature as well as adventure sports.
- To add to the excitement, you can travel through the National Parks through train tours which will allow your family to take in the wild beauty as well as the hidden landscapes, forests, animals.
- Some popular destinations are Glacier National Park Escape-Seattle Roundtrip, California Zephyr with Yellowstone National Park, California Zephyr with Yosemite National Park, and Chicago to San Francisco.
What kinds of vacations can families take to beat the heat in summers?
Think different while planning the best vacations for your family. If you live in a region that experiences warm to hot weather throughout the year, you would want to travel to a destination that will help you cool off for some time.
- Escape the sweltering summer heat by visiting chilly destinations.
- Greenland is a great icy destination in the summer. It is sparsely populated, but the frozen landscape has plenty of attractions for tourists like large glaciers, giant icebergs, frozen rivers, and a lot more. It’s an utterly unique landscape.
- Visit Denali National Park, Alaska. This region looks enchanting in the summer with its lava fields, glaciers, the tundra landscape. You can have some of the best family vacations here.
- There are many other destinations for the summer like Iceland, Patagonia (this region stays cool during the North American summer), Norway, etc.
Whichever kind of holiday you choose, plan well in advance, and cut off all your worries before you leave for your trip. Plan the best family vacations every year to create some unforgettable memories and experiences.